Sunday, January 10, 2010

byebye Chris!


byebye Chris, originally uploaded by MNicoleM.

Since we met -- the entire time we dated, were engaged and were married (up until last year) -- Chris has traveled for work. Between 45-48 weeks of the year, he was only home about 2 1/2 days a week. This is all we knew and it worked very well for us. I jokingly (well, half-jokingly) told everyone that when we started to get on each other's nerves too bad, we knew it was time for him to go to the airport. But seriously, him not being here on weekdays enabled me to go to school, work late, go to bed early, etc. without feeling guilty for neglecting him. And we had Friday nights through Sunday nights together, which is when I have the most time anyway.

For a little over a year now, he has been mostly working from home. This was an adjustment, to say the least LOL. Not that I didn't enjoy having him home, it was just totally different having him home during the week!

After a little over a year of mostly working from home, Chris is back on the road. There are pros and cons to this! I'm trying to focus on the pros :-) I get the whole bed back, less laundry, less cleaning (When I get home in the afternoon/evening, the house will be just as I left it in the morning!). But I'll miss him. I kinda got accustomed to having him around here (and he cooked, most nights!)

No comments:

Post a Comment